How to use Google Transit Trip Planner
1) In the Google Transit Trip Planner box located on the homepage of RideMCTS.com input basic information including your:
Starting destination (you must include “Milwaukee, WI”)
Ending destination (you must include “Milwaukee, WI”)
- Time you want to travel (not availible with mobile version)
2) Then click “Get Directions.”
3) From there the site will link to the Google™ Transit Web site and provide you with bus trip itinerary options. It will provide:
- Walking instructions
4) In many cases you will see more than one option, please review all options to see which one best fits your needs. Additionally you can easily change your parameters to get varied instructions.
Please be advised that the directions will not provide you as to which direction you should face at the bus stop- often there is a bus stop on each side of the street, so make sure you are facing the direction you need to travel in. The directions do not state the exact location of a bus stop. Sometimes bus stops are located in the middle of the block or the end of a block. These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
MCTS aims to supply quality information through Google Transit, but cannot guarantee 100% accuracy. This is a new service that is continuously being improved both by Google and participating transit agencies. It is recommended that riders double-check trip itineraries with the published bus schedules available on RideMCTS.com. Please see the Google Transit Terms and Conditions
If you need assistance understanding the trip directions provided by Google, please call the MCTS BusLine, 414-344-6711, for 24 hour automated bus route information.
If you receive incorrect, misleading or confusing trip itinerary information please do the following:
If your trip itinerary has inaccurate stop location, time or service schedule information, it's probably because of misinformation between MCTS and Google Transit. Record the origin, destination and arrival/departure date and time for your itinerary and e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information to MCTS about the problem you experienced.