- DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2014
DURATION: 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
AFFECTED AREA: Wisconsin Avenue between 4th Street and 6th Street
ROUTES AFFECTED: 10, 12, 14, 23, 30, 31, 40, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 79, 90, 143 & BLU
Due to Wisconsin Avenue being closed for the "NEWaukee Night Market", ALL buses on Wisconsin Avenue will detour as follows:
ALL ROUTES TRAVELING WESTBOUND ON WISCONSIN AVENUE:
West on Wisconsin Avenue to Old World Third Street, north to Wells Street, west to 6th Street, south to Wisconsin Avenue, west to regular route.
ALL ROUTES TRAVELING EASTBOUND ON WISCONSIN AVENUE:
East on Wisconsin to 6th Street, south to Michigan Street, east to 2nd Street, north to Wisconsin Avenue, east to regular route.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
DURATION: 3 months
AFFECTED AREA: Milwaukee Avenue west of Wauwatosa Avenue
Due to sewer and water construction work being done on Milwaukee Avenue west of Wauwatosa Avenue/ 76th Street, the Rt 31 Mayfair trips will detour as follows: ROUTE 31 MAYFAIR
- Continue north on Wauwatosa Avenue/ 76th Street to North Avenue
- West on North Avenue to regular route
- Continue east on North Avenue to 76th/ Wauwatosa Avenue
- South on 76th/ Wauwatosa Avenue to regular route
- DATE: Friday, October 10, 2014
DURATION: 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Due to a block party for Marquette University, 12th Street will be closed between Wisconsin & Wells. Routes 12 and 31 will detour as follows:
AFFECTED AREA: 12th Street, between Wisconsin & Wells
ROUTES 12, 31
Westbound: West on Wisconsin to 10th, north to Wells, west to 12th, north to regular route.
Eastbound: East on Wells to 11th, south to Wisconsin, east to regular route.
Note: When detouring from the normal route, customers stops should be made at regular bus stops regardless of the route designated at the stop. In a case where there are no regular bus stops or temporary bus stops along a detour, customer stops will be made where it is both convenient and safe for the customer.
UPDATED (8/28/14) - We just received information that the construction plans on Vliet St. (beginning on 9/2/14) has changed. Route 31- Will NOT detour on September 2. It will at a later date.
- The correct Route 31 (State-Highland) printed schedules should have the effective date of JUNE 8, 2014. During the recent schedule change, incorrect Route 31 schedules were accidentally distributed. We apologize for this error. Online Route 31 schedules are correct.
- UPDATED 1/2/2013: Once Watertown Plank Road is closed, which should happen at 9:30 pm, Sunday, January 5, 2014, the Route 31 will detour as follows:
Westbound Detour Routing
West on Watertown Plank Road, north on Discovery Parkway, southwest on Swan Boulevard and continue south to Watertown Plank Road and west to regular route.
Eastbound Detour Routing
From Innovation Drive: north on Swan Boulevard, continue northeast to Discovery Parkway and south to Watertown Plank Road and east to regular route.
Once Watertown Plank Road is closed pedestrians needing to travel on Watertown Plank Road between Innovation Drive and 92nd Street will not be required to pay a fare while on a Route 31 bus. However, if a transfer is requested the passenger must pay full fare. Please watch for signs in the area and click here to see a map.
Beginning in October, due to work in conjunction with the Zoo Interchange project near the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (near the area between 85th Street and Innovation Drive), bus stops are expected to move frequently. To assist passengers with locating temporary bus stops as they move to accommodate construction, MCTS will be marking the stops with 10 foot tall feather banners like the one pictured below. During this time, please board stops at these banners.
- To view a detailed map of stops on Wisconsin Avenue, please click here.