DATE: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
DURATION: 4 months
AFFECTED AREA: Kearney Street between 84th and 70th Street
Due to construction on Kearney Street between 84th and 70th Street for the Zoo Interchange Project, the route 44 and 44U will detour as follows:
• North on 84th Street to Adler Street
• East (right) on Adler Street - GATE 6 (by the Pettit Ice Center)
• Look for temporary stop relocated to Adler/Main Street at 76th Street
• Continue east on Main Street to 70th Street
• North (left) on 70th Street
• Look for temporary farside stop on 70th Street at Adler Street (Route NB 76 stop) • East (right) on Kearney Street to regular route
Attention MCTS Freeway Flyer & UBUS Riders
Pertains to customers who Ride ONLY local streets on a Freeway Flyer Route
Effective Monday, September 29, 2014, the Milwaukee County Transit System will be implementing a new policy that will require any person riding on a Freeway Flyer route – even just a short segment of the route- to pay the Freeway Flyer fare.
This will NOT affect most riders and fares are NOT changing. Riders will still pay with a valid pass (i.e. CVP, U-PASS), Weekly/Monthly pass with cash premium, or the cash fare of $3.25 adult/$1.60 reduced.
In the past, MCTS was able to accommodate riders who rode Freeway Flyers for just a short distance by charging them a regular local fare ($2.25 adult cash or $1.1.0 reduced). MCTS will no longer be able to provide this service.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation as we implement this policy. Note: The $0.35 zone fare still applies for passengers who board or alight Route 79 in Waukesha County.