EFFECTIVE DATE: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
DURATION: 2 Months
AFFECTED AREA: Marquette Avenue between 10th Avenue and Chicago Avenue
Due to Union Pacific Railroad bridge rehabilitation work being done on the Marquette Avenue overpass, routes 15, 48, and 52 will need to detour as follows:
Southbound Route 52 and P.M. 48 Trips:
• South on 10th Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue
• West (Right) on Milwaukee Avenue
• South (Left) on 12th Avenue to regular route
Northbound Route 15 and A.M. 48 Trips:
• Continue north on Chicago/12th Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue
• East (Right) on Milwaukee Avenue
• North (Left) on 10th Avenue to regular route
DATE: Monday, February 22, 2016
DURATION: 6 Months
AFFECTED AREA: I-794 Westbound (northbound) exit ramp to Michigan Street
Due to the closure of the I-794 Westbound (northbound) exit ramp to Michigan Street/Lincoln Memorial Drive for the Lakefront Gateway Project, the route 48 AM inbound flyer will detour as follows:
Route 48 AM Inbound Flyer Trip:
• Continue west on I-794 to the Milwaukee Street exit
• Exit (left exit) Milwaukee Street 1E
• North on Milwaukee Street to Michigan Street
• East (R) on Michigan Street
• North (L) on Cass Street to regular route
DATE: Monday, January 11, 2016
AFFECTED AREA: Packard & Kimberly Northbound & Southbound
Effective Monday, January 11th, the mid-block northbound and southbound Route 48 bus stops between Ramsey and Kimberly, have been relocated a block south to Kimberly Avenue near-side.
Operators are instructed to board and alight passengers for Route 48 at the new near-side stops on Packard at Kimberly from this point forward.
Attention MCTS Freeway Flyer & UBUS Riders
Pertains to customers who Ride ONLY local streets on a Freeway Flyer Route
Effective Monday, September 29, 2014, the Milwaukee County Transit System will be implementing a new policy that will require any person riding on a Freeway Flyer route – even just a short segment of the route- to pay the Freeway Flyer fare.
This will NOT affect most riders and fares are NOT changing. Riders will still pay with a valid pass (i.e. CVP, U-PASS), Weekly/Monthly pass with cash premium, or the cash fare of $3.25 adult/$1.60 reduced.
In the past, MCTS was able to accommodate riders who rode Freeway Flyers for just a short distance by charging them a regular local fare ($2.25 adult cash or $1.1.0 reduced). MCTS will no longer be able to provide this service.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation as we implement this policy. Note: The $0.35 zone fare still applies for passengers who board or alight Route 79 in Waukesha County.
- To view a detailed map of stops on Wisconsin Avenue, please click here.