New Technology Progress Update - Updated 2/28/2014
We appreciate your patience while MCTS implements several technological improvements including a new fare system, Real-Time information and a Stop Announcement System.Equipment for all three of these major projects has been installed and testing has begun. While we make adjustments keep in mind you may experience some issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and we want you to know we are working diligently on these system improvements.
Please remember, we are committed to having the system in best working order before we move to the next phase. We will continue to keep you updated on each step.
- Scheidt & Bachmann have just finished installing fareboxes on all MCTS buses.
- We are now retrieving data about cash fares paid by passengers.
- We have begun to test basic smart card target functionality with a 'pilot' group of riders, so even though the M•CARD is not yet for sale, you may see some riders using them.
- Next month we will begin testing the full functionality of the smart card readers, and internet revaluing portal used to reload passes on smart cards. Once the equipment passes all tests, we will start selling the MCTS M•CARDS, which is currently projected for late May.
- Throughout the implementation process we will be tweaking the system for optimum performance.
Stop Announcement System
- We are currently testing the Bus Stop Announcement System on Routes 21 and 80. All buses are equipped with the system, but we need to verify and test routing information for each route, one at a time.
- Currently we are gathering and testing Real-Time Information for Route 21. Real-Time preparation is also done one route at a time after it is prepared for the Bus Stop Announcement System.
- After each route Real-Time Information is verified as working properly, the information will be made available to the public via RideMCTS.com.