MCTS Rules for Riders
Follow these simple rules and we’ll all ride a little easier.
- Have correct fare or bus pass (and ID if necessary) ready when boarding.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Allow passengers to exit the bus before attempting to board.
- Hold on to the handrails when moving to and from your seat.
- Choose your seat quickly, and avoid changing seats while the bus is in motion.
- Keep front seats clear for elderly riders and people with disabilities.
- Make sure children remain seated at all times.
- Be a courteous rider by keeping seats free of feet, bags, umbrellas, etc. and don't take up more than one seat if the vehicle is crowded.
- Service animals accompanying persons with disabilities are permitted on the bus. Non-service animals or comfort animals are allowed on the bus if it is in an enclosed carrier that fits on the passengers lap.
- If you must stand, move to the back of the bus and always stay behind the yellow line.
- Please keep all conversations – on your cell phone or with other riders – at a courteous volume.
- Keep all personal belongings like shopping bags or bundles out of the aisles and do not put them on the front wheel area on low-floor buses.
- MCTS welcomes you and your baby. However, in the interest of passenger safety, please hold your baby on your lap. Please fold up your stroller before boarding the vehicle and try to keep it out of the way of other passengers.
- Audio devices are allowed with the use of earphones or headphones at a reduced volume. Other passengers should not be able to hear what you are playing.
- No electric cigarettes or vaping allowed.
- Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol on the bus or in bus shelters is against the law.
- Keep food or drinks in closed containers.
- If you see a suspicious package or activity on the bus, report it to the operator or the police.
- Use caution when going down steps and exiting the bus.
- Never cross in front of the bus.
To report non-emergency security issues call 414-937-3228