MCTS is for everyone in our community, so Welcome Aboard! If you're bringing children with you on the bus, here are some helpful tips and safety reminders. Also, when your child is old enough, teach them the right way to ride the bus. Public transportation is for everyone, so following the Rules and Basic Rights and Responsibilities for MCTS Passengers makes it an enjoyable experience for all.
Remember, MCTS offers discounts for our youngest riders.
Traveling with a stroller
You are welcome to bring a stroller on MCTS buses but keep in mind there may not always be room on board.
- All MCTS buses are equipped with a special “Stroller Area”. We encourage you to use the stroller/cart area whenever possible.
- On most buses the area is located on the driver’s side in the middle of the bus by the rear exit door and can accommodate a maximum of two strollers or carts. On the newest buses in the fleet, a single row of seating behind the driver can accommodate multiple passengers with carts and strollers.
- We recommend using a folding "umbrella" style stroller (pictured above). Large and double-wide strollers are not practical for use on MCTS buses.
- For your safety, strollers should be folded, if possible, and must not block the aisle or doorway.
- Remember, the front seats marked with an access symbol are for seniors and persons with disabilities. Please be a good citizen and offer your seat in this area if necessary.
For your safety
Both parents and kids should keep safety in mind around buses.
- Keep your kids close to make sure you don't get separated.
- Never cross the street in front of an MCTS bus, unless it's stopped at a traffic light, and be sure to look both ways when walking past the front of the bus to cross another lane of traffic.
- If you’ll be traveling with a large group of children, please contact MCTS at (414) 937-3218 so we can notify our staff and assist your group to and from your destination safely.