What Is U-PASS?

U-PASS gives you unlimited transportation flexibility! You can save hundreds of dollars in gas, maintenance costs, and reduce wear and tear on your car – all while skipping the hassle of driving in rush-hour traffic. Read below for details or view our U-PASS FAQs sheet here. You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.

  • It’s a semester-long bus pass that can be used on any MCTS bus route. The cost is part of your university tuition or fees, so there is no additional charge when you pick it up or use it.
  • Use your U-PASS to travel for any purpose and to any route destination. It’s good at any time on any day, including weekends, holidays and even during breaks and recess periods.
  • Your U-PASS is good on all MCTS and 143 Ozaukee County Express Freeway Flyer routes.

Where Do I Get My U-PASS?

That depends on whether you’re a UWM, Concordia UniversityMarquette University, MATC, MIAD, Milwaukee Career College, or Bryant & Stratton College student. Check the page for your school below to see where to pick up your U-PASS.

How Does the U-PASS Help Students with Disabilities?

If you are eligible to participate in the Milwaukee County Transit Plus program, your U-PASS can be used to waive the initial Transit Plus portion of the fare for each trip you take. To find out more about this benefit, call (414) 343-1700. All MCTS bus routes are wheelchair accessible.