Buses to Run Sunday/Holiday Schedule Effective Memorial Day 5/27/2013
- Effective Monday, May 27, 2013 in observance of Memorial Day, buses will be running a Sunday/Holiday schedule. Please note that Freeway Flyers will not be running that day and the MCTS administrative offices will be closed. Additionally, due to the amount of parades and festivities across Milwaukee County, delays or minor detours may be possible on several routes. We thank you for your patience.
Delays Expected due to Freeway Closure Effective 5/17/2013
Effective Friday, May 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM to Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM, due to the complete closure of I-94 (northbound and southbound) at Rawson Avenue for the installation of a storm sewer culvert Routes 19, 27, 55, 80 and the GreenLine may encounter delays caused by heavy traffic diverting from the freeway. We thank you for your patience.
Route 31 Detour Effective 5/13/2013
Effective Monday, May 13, 2013, eastbound Route 31 buses will detour to avoid delays due to construction. During this time, westbound buses will continue to serve westbound stops along Watertown Plank Road, Mayfair Road, Research Drive and Innovation Drive as usual. Eastbound detour routing is as follows:
Eastbound Only: From the layover on Innovation Drive, buses will continue on Innovation Drive to Watertown Plank Road and east on Watertown Plank Road to regular routing.
Please view this map to see which eastbound stops will no longer be served and where new temporary bus stops will be located during this time.
RedLine Delays Possible Due to Construction
- Due to construction on Capitol Drive between 108th Street (Hwy 100) and 84th Street, RedLine trips have been experiencing delays. Please be patient and we will continue to monitor the situation.
Routes 55 and 64 Stop Change at Southridge Effective 4/24/2013
- Effective Wednesday, April 24, 2013 Routes 55 and 64 buses will return to service at the bus stops located at the upper level of Sears at Southridge. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Route 56 Schedule Change due to Detour Effective 1/20/2013
Effective Sunday, January 20, 2013, the Route 56 will begin running a new schedule due to upcoming construction on Greenfield Avenue. Starting January 20, 2013, Route 56 passengers should use the new Route 56 schedule with an effective date of “Winter 2013”.
Thursday, January 24th, 2013 the Greenfield Avenue bridge over I-894/US45 will close (note that date may change
due to conditions and passengers should watch for signs in the area). During
this long term closure as part of the Zoo Interchange Project, Route 56 will
needing to travel over the Greenfield Avenue bridge will not be required to pay a fare when boarding at 92nd and
Greenfield or on Greenfield Avenue between 101st and 108th
Streets while on a Route 56 bus. However, if a transfer is requested the
passenger must pay full fare. This will begin
the same day as the detour begins. Detour routing is as follows:
Eastbound Detour Routing
East on Greenfield Avenue to 101st street, north to Madison Street, east to 100th Street,
north to Schlinger Avenue, east to 92nd Street,
south to Greenfield Avenue and east to regular routing.
Westbound Detour Routing|
West on Greenfield to 92nd street, north to Schlinger Avenue, west to 100th Street, south to Madison, west to 101st Street, south to
Greenfield Avenue and west to regular route.
Please note that during this time there will be no
stops along the detour route.
Route 44U Schedule Change due to Detour Effective 1/22/13
January 22, 2013, Greenfield Avenue will be closed and Route 44U buses will
begin detouring at that time. Buses will use Schlinger Avenue between 92nd
and 101st Streets. Please watch for signs in the area as the detour
date may change due to conditions.
Special Message Regarding Route 21 Schedules Effective 12/2/2012
- Please note that the effective date on the new printed version of the Route 21 is August 26, 2012. The correct effective date is December 2, 2012, however the date was not updated on the new version. Please discard your existing Route 21 schedules after December 2, 2012. (Note the new version features the following message on the front cover: "Limited service to UWM weekdays only for fall and spring semesters." The older version does not.)
Routes 10 and 67 Detour Effective 10/1/2012
- Effective Monday, October 1, 2012, due to work in conjunction with the Zoo Interchange Project, 95th Street will be closed between Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound for an extended period. Routes 10 and 67 will detour as follows:
Westbound: Continue west on Wisconsin Avenue to 97th Street, south to Bluemound, west to regular route.
Eastbound: North on 97th Street to Wisconsin Avenue, east to regular route.
Route 67 VIA 92nd Street Trips:
Northbound: Continue west on Bluemound to 97th Street, north to Wisconsin Avenue, east to regular route.
Southbound: Continue west on Wisconsin Avenue to 97th Street, south to Bluemound east to regular route.
Special Message Regarding School Routes
- Please note Routes 50, 85, 87, 88 and 89 ONLY operate while school is in session.
Route 28 Delays Possible Due to Construction
- Due to construction on Mayfair Road between Burleigh Street and Walnut Road, Route 28 trips have been experiencing delays. Please be patient and we will continue to monitor the situation.
Temporary Stop Relocation at Southridge Due to Construction Effective 2/6/2012
Effective Monday, February 6, 2012 the current bus stop for Routes 14, 55, 64 and 76 at Southridge will be temporarily relocated due to construction. During this time please board buses at the bus stop to the north end of Sears (upper level). Look for temporary posted signs which indicate the new boarding area.
Important UBUS Service Dates
following is the UBUS service schedule during exams and the end of the 2013 spring
semester. Please read carefully:
At the end
of the semester for UWM the 40U, 44U and 49U will run regular
service through Thursday,
May 9, 2013 and an
exam schedule starting Friday,
May 10, 2013
through Friday, May 17,
At the end of the semester for
will run an exam schedule starting Monday, May 20, 2013 through Thursday May 23,
42U will continue regular service through Thursday, May 23,
will be no UBUS service after Thursday May 23, 2013 until the fall 2013
Reminder: UBUSes do NOT operate
Wisconsin Avenue Bus Stops
- To view a detailed map of stops on Wisconsin Avenue, please click here.