Riding the bus can seem complicated if you are unfamiliar with how it all works. To help, we put together a few easy steps to help guide you through a trip with MCTS.
- PLAN – using one or more of our information resources listed in the section below, find the route you are looking to travel.
- PREPARE – check to make sure you have the correct fare. You can pay with exact cash, M•CARD or other MCTS passes like the CVP or U-PASS.
- BOARD – double check the electronic sign on the bus to make sure it matches your route and final destination – and then hop on!
- PAY – when boarding you can pay with exact cash in the farebox, or by touching your M•CARD or other passes to the orange target on the farebox.
- ASK – if you’re unfamiliar with your final destination, ask the driver to call your street.
- SIGNAL – a block or two before your stop, pull the yellow cord above the window to let the driver know you need to exit the bus. Double check to make sure you have all of your personal belongings.
*NOTE: The driver will not stop unless you indicate that you need to exit the bus.
- EXIT – wait until the bus has come to a complete stop, then step slowly toward the rear door. Once the green light appears above the door you can touch the center of the handles to open the automatic doors.